May 9, 2008

ROUND TWO: Chocolate Heath Bar Trifle

I took this creation to my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting yesterday and I won best dish! There was some pretty stiff completion up on that buffet table too. I must admit that I took it two years ago and walked away with the same award. Let's see what my fellow Bloggin' Beauties can do to this one! It's a crowd pleaser...or at least it's a women who-are-sleep-and -chocolate-deprived pleaser!


Chocolate Trifle
Brownies- I use a box mix and follow the instructions and bake it in a 9x9 pan. After they cool, I cut the brownies into about 1 inch cubes.

Chocolate pudding
- I use the big box of Jello Chocolate pudding and follow the directions for a pie filling. It's just less milk so the pudding is thicker.

1 tub of Cool Whip

Heath Candy Bar pieces
- I haven't been able to find the large size Heath bars lately so I've been using the mini bars. I bought mine at Target and I've seen them at Publix too. I used about half of the bars in the bag. You can either put them in the food processor to crunch them up or put them in a heavy duty Ziploc and hit them with a rolling pin...good to get out frustration too!

Layer 1/2 of the brownies in a clear bowl (it looks neat when it's finished that way), followed by 1/2 the pudding mixture, 1/2 the Heath bar bits, and half of the Cool Whip. Then repeat the layers.


I didn't think to take a picture of it before I left yesterday morning but here is what I came back home with!


Get it...everyone liked it so much they licked the bowl clean!

2 comments:

Beth said...

So you're totally a ringer for Best Dish at this event. What kind of little scam do you have running with your wild MOPS hooligan buddies?

Jamie said...

You don't mess with the MOPS and if the MOPS like it, its a winner. Kinda like the MOB, what they say GOES!!! This looks great Susan :)