May 8, 2008

ROUND ONE REBUTTAL: Peppermint Mocha Coffee

This is my take on Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte, which I was introduced to last Christmas. I don't have the time, money or gumption to go to Starbucks every time the mood strikes me for for one of these. Can you imagine me throwing two children into a mini-van, driving to Starbucks while they sing "it's a small world," putting said children in a double stroller and hauling that into the tiny Panama City Starbucks! I think not! For those without money or time...I give you Susan's Peppermint Mocha Coffee!

1 cup brewed coffee (8 oz)
2 oz milk (or coffee creamer)
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 T peppermint simple syrup (recipe follows)

Peppermint Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
Bring the mixture to a simmer until all the sugar is dissolved. Let cool and put in a container in the refrigerator.

I don't have a picture either because Susan doesn't do caffeine after...um...3pm. Must be genetic, right Beth? This just in...I took a picture of my coffee this morning so all could view it's chocolate, caffeine wonderness!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This is genius. When you start to write down these coffee recipes, you really do start to wonder why a Starbucks run is even necessary with as simple as they are!

Jamie said...

Nice Pic Susan!! Makes me want to lick my computer screen!